Wednesday, February 8, 2012

from, "I Keep Using Two Pronouns"

The universe swings again into your orbit.
Am I looking for you, or you for me?

The question is all wrong.
As long as I keep using two pronouns,
I am this in-between two-headed thing with no name.

Never think that you are worthless.
God has already bought you for an enormous amount.
Gifts keep arriving.

My face now makes the world's bathhouse hot.
Do not look at the wet paintings on the wall.
Look here.

There is a light in us that has nothing to do with night and day.
There are grapes that never saw a vineyard.
These gifts are yours now, if you can see.

We are all returning.

says the text. Enjoy Shams.
Or if not that, at least listen
to what honest people tell you.

Rumi: The Big Red Book
Translated by Coleman Barks
pgs 219-220

No comments:

Post a Comment